FREE TAFE EXPANDED WITH 12 ADDITIONAL COURSES
Member for Dandenong, Gabrielle Williams, today welcomed Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews’ announcement that Free TAFE would be available for 10 additional non-apprenticeship courses in areas ranging from community services to construction and cyber security, as well as two additional pre-apprenticeship courses.
The Premier, together with the Minister for Training and Skills, Gayle Tierney MP announced that the following 10 non-apprenticeship courses and two pre-apprenticeship courses will be free under the Andrews Labor Government’s Free TAFE for Priority Courses initiative:
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate IV in Cyber Security
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention
- Certificate IV in Youth Work
- Advanced Diploma of Building Surveying
- Certificate III in Rail Infrastructure
- Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision
- Diploma of Justice
- Certificate III in Tourism
- Certificate II in Building and Construction (pre-apprenticeship)
- Certificate II in Production Nursery (pre-apprenticeship)
From 2019, Free TAFE will enable more Victorians to get the skills they need for jobs in the state’s unprecedented infrastructure boom, as well as for careers in areas of high social need such as supporting people with disabilities.
The $172 million Free TAFE initiative was announced in the 2018/19 State Budget as part of a $644 million package to strengthen TAFE and apprenticeships, and provide 30,000 additional government-subsidised training places to deliver skilled workers for Victoria’s growth industries, infrastructure projects, and to meet social needs.
TAFE institutes, including universities that offer TAFE courses, across Victoria can take enrolments in 2018 for Free TAFE courses that begin in 2019.
For the full list of Free TAFE courses as well as other information on Free TAFE visit www.freetafe.vic.gov.au