TIME FOR DANDENONG TO GET ACTIVE THIS APRIL
The Dandenong community is once again being urged to get active through the Premier’s Active April challenge, which celebrates its 10-year anniversary this year.
Member for Dandenong, Gabrielle Williams, today urged locals to spring into action and sign up for Active April.
Everyone should enjoy the benefits of a healthy and active lifestyle, but research shows it’s not the case.
More than 50 per cent of Victorian adults fail to meet the recommended levels of physical activity, while 80 per cent of children don’t exercise enough.
Premier’s Active April is a great place to start – and getting involved is free and simple.
This year’s campaign is encouraging Victorians of all ages and abilities to register and call on their pets as a fun and easy way to increase levels of physical activity.
A new personalised “My Local” feature on the website will be introduced to help people in Dandenong find local activities, events and offers within the community.
Active April is also a great way for workplaces to boost morale around the office, and workplace teams are encouraged to apply.
It’s as easy as taking the stairs, walking the kids to school or getting out in the garden. Just by registering all participants receive:
- 10 free passes to participating YMCA centres and other local facilities
- Discounts at Sportsmart to help with the cost of getting the right equipment
- One hour free tennis court hire at Melbourne Park or Albert Reserve
- Two-for-one tickets to the Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium
- A chance to win more great prizes like tickets to the 2019 Australian Open Tennis Finals
Sign up today at activeapril.vic.gov.au or follow the campaign on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Registrations are open until April 30.