SAFELY CONNECTING MULTICULTURAL SENIORS IN DANDENONG
The Victorian Government’s CALD Communities Taskforce is supporting Victoria’s multicultural seniors in Dandenong to stay connected during the coronavirus pandemic.
Minister for Multicultural Affairs Ros Spence has announced that $2.1 million will be made available to multicultural seniors’ groups through the Coronavirus Support for Multicultural Seniors program.
Almost 900 organisations across Victoria will automatically receive a direct offer of funding as previous recipients of a Victorian Government multicultural seniors grant.
Funding of up to $2,000 will be available to purchase IT equipment, run programs to support multicultural seniors and provide the timely distribution of coronavirus information.
It’s good news for the 20 multicultural seniors’ organisations in Dandenong which are set to automatically receive funding, including:
- Antiochian Community Support Association
- Bangladesh Cultural Group Inc
- Casey Chinese Senior Support Group Inc
- Chinese Xinjiang Senior Citizens Association of Australia
- Circolo Pensionati Italiani Napoli Family Club
- Corona Italian Seniors Club Casey
- Greek Senior Citizens Club of Dandenong
- Italo Spanish Club Inc
- Kuki Airani Pa Metua (Cook Islands Seniors Citizen Inc)
- Mauritian Silver Edge Club Inc
- Melbourne South Eastern Region Chinese Friendship Center of Victoria Inc
- Nasir Community Association Inc
- Russian Senior Citizens Club in Dandenong Inc
- Serbian Community Association of Australia Inc
- Sri Lankan Elders Welfare Association (SEWA)
- Tamil Women’s Support Group
- The Casey Hungarian Senior Citizens Club Inc
- The Mauritian Golden Age Club Inc
- Ventana Hispana (Spanish Window) Inc
- Young Generation Filipino Senior Citizens Club of the South East
All seniors groups that receive funding will also receive public liability insurance and personal accident cover for 2021, saving organisations up to $5,000 each.
The Taskforce is inviting newly formed multicultural seniors’ groups to submit an online application by Thursday, 19 November 2020.
For more information or to apply, visit vic.gov.au/coronavirus-support-for-multicultural-seniors-2020-21.