CELEBRATING THE VICTORIANS WHO INSPIRE OUR CHILDREN
A Dandenong playgroup preparing children for kinder and school is among the winners of the 2018 Victorian Early Years Awards.
Member for Dandenong, Gabrielle Williams, today congratulated the Dandy Pals Playgroup, who won the Supporting Parents to Build their Capacity and Confidence Award, for their ‘Step Into Kinder Program’ run out of Dandenong Primary School.
Minister for Early Childhood Education, Jenny Mikakos, presented the award and congratulated the Dandy Pals Playgroup at an event held at the National Gallery of Victoria on Tuesday, 23 October.
Other winners included:
- Improving Access & Participation in Early Learning Award: Finding Your Voice, Debney Meadows Primary
- Creating Collaborative Community Partnerships Award Community Connect, Traralgon East Comm Centre
- Promoting Children’s Health and Wellbeing Award: Kingsbury Play Map Project, City of Darebin
- Early Childhood Teacher of the Year Award: Nicole Bechaz, Banyan Fields Kindergarten
- Minister’s Award: Foundation House Hume Refugee Early Years Cluster 2017/2018, led by Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc
- The Victorian Early Years Awards recognise the crucial work of early years professionals who make a difference in the lives of Victorian children and families.
For more details on the 2018 Victorian Early Years Awards, visit education.vic.gov.au/veya.